Personal data policy
Collecting and processing your personal data
By accepting this policy, you consent to the Danish National Genome Center's collection and processing of your personal data so we can send newsletters to you as a subscriber.
When you subscribe to our newsletters, we collect and process the following personal data:
- The email address you enter
- Data about which newsletters you receive
- The data we collect are used only for sending out newsletters and for preparing statistics on our newsletters.
Legal basis for data processing
The legal basis for our processing of your personal data follows from your consent, cf. the General Data Protection Regulation, article 6(1), point (a).
Data controller with responsibility for processing
If you have any questions about the way we process your personal data, please contact our Data protection officer (DPO).
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you a number of rights. You have the right to:
- receive information about how your personal data are processed (article 15)
- raise an objection about how your personal data are processed (article 12)
- request that data are rectified, erased or restricted if they are incorrect or misleading or have been processed in contravention of the regulation (articles 16-18)
- withdraw your consent, thereby having your personal data erased (article 17)
- complain to the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are dissatisfied with the way we process your personal data (article 77)
In certain cases, you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have these data transmitted from the Danish National Genome Center to another controller without hindrance (article 20).
Right to withdraw your consent
You can withdraw your consent at any time by cancelling your subscription. You can do so by clicking on the "unsubscribe" button on NGC's news page.
Withdrawing your consent will only affect the future processing of your personal data and therefore not the lawfulness of any processing based on the consent prior to your withdrawal. When you withdraw your consent and cancel your subscription, you will no longer receive email newsletters from us, and your data will be erased within two months.
Complaining to the Danish Data Protection Agency.
You have the right to complain about the way we process your data to the Danish Data Protection Agency according to the rules of article 77 of the General Data Protection Regulation. You can contact the Danish Data Protection Agency through the digital post service at borger.dk, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to the Danish Data Protection Agency, Borgergade 28, 5th floor, 1300 Copenhagen K.